*Kay was Baptized! Golly I'm such a cry baby at these things (thanks dad). Her husband was able to do it after being away from the church for 30+ years! They have improved their lives though the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so proud of them for quitting smoking so they could do this together. Now off to the Temple in 1yr to be sealed for eternity!
*We received a referral from a recent convert who thought her step-dad might be interested. He has read The Book of Mormon twice and loves it, though he was very anti the first time he read it. We stopped by and he invited us in. We talked about some of the things he liked while he was reading. We read over the last two paragraphs in the introduction to the The Book of Mormon and he said "yes girls, I know the book is true!" And we said "so if the The Book of Mormon is true... than Joseph Smith is a" and before we could finish he said "yes he is a prophet!" We then explained the significance of this. That Christ's Church is here on the earth, restored, for him to be apart of! He then told us that he had given up smoking and was working on coffee (: He is so prepared! He did have a concern though about being baptized again and was really firm on that. We told him that we would be teaching him more about that in our next lesson. He did come to church and during sacrament meeting he was writing in a journal. He then showed me what he wrote and he said "Today I went to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with Sister Buchanan and Sister Starr. Eureka Lord! I finally found your house. If there is such a place on earth." I assured him that there is such a place, and he did find it.
A member of our bishopric talked to him after about baptism and authority and he said "yeah, it makes sense" he was able to resolve his own concern as he came to church. At the end of church he said "I hope you girls are planning on coming over to teach me what I need to know about this church because I know there is still a lot I need to learn" We are definitely planning on doing that (:
It was really humbling to get this referral because we had been teaching the person that lived above him and next to him... but never HIM. So this showed me that there truly are prepared people right where we already are. Heavenly Father keeps showering us with undeserving blessings, which makes me want to be the best I can be. Even though it will never be enough. But His grace is sufficient for me.
Have a wonderful week y'all.
Love, Sister Starr*
*We received a referral from a recent convert who thought her step-dad might be interested. He has read The Book of Mormon twice and loves it, though he was very anti the first time he read it. We stopped by and he invited us in. We talked about some of the things he liked while he was reading. We read over the last two paragraphs in the introduction to the The Book of Mormon and he said "yes girls, I know the book is true!" And we said "so if the The Book of Mormon is true... than Joseph Smith is a" and before we could finish he said "yes he is a prophet!" We then explained the significance of this. That Christ's Church is here on the earth, restored, for him to be apart of! He then told us that he had given up smoking and was working on coffee (: He is so prepared! He did have a concern though about being baptized again and was really firm on that. We told him that we would be teaching him more about that in our next lesson. He did come to church and during sacrament meeting he was writing in a journal. He then showed me what he wrote and he said "Today I went to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with Sister Buchanan and Sister Starr. Eureka Lord! I finally found your house. If there is such a place on earth." I assured him that there is such a place, and he did find it.
A member of our bishopric talked to him after about baptism and authority and he said "yeah, it makes sense" he was able to resolve his own concern as he came to church. At the end of church he said "I hope you girls are planning on coming over to teach me what I need to know about this church because I know there is still a lot I need to learn" We are definitely planning on doing that (:
It was really humbling to get this referral because we had been teaching the person that lived above him and next to him... but never HIM. So this showed me that there truly are prepared people right where we already are. Heavenly Father keeps showering us with undeserving blessings, which makes me want to be the best I can be. Even though it will never be enough. But His grace is sufficient for me.
Have a wonderful week y'all.
Love, Sister Starr*
![]() | |
| Sister B, Bob, Kay, and Me |

No comments:
Post a Comment