Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today we went on a hike to "The Devil's Punchbowl" in Juniper Hills. Like 40ish miles out of my area. It is a pretty cool hike. I've decided I'm not much of a hiker when it is off the trail. There are ants and rivers and slippery dirt slopes. Staying on the trail is much more my style. If we relate this to the Gospel, it should be everyone's style. (:

To all of you wonderful mothers out there (especially my mom, sister and grandma, aunts and cousins) I hope you have a fabulous mothers day. I recently bore my testimony in church and expressed my gratitude for the many "mothers" that I had in the ward where I am serving. So many mom's here in Palmdale treat me just as their own daughter and I appreciate it so much! I have the most wonderful mother a girl could ask for. And especially that a missionary could ask for. She writes me all the time and is so wonderful. My sister is such a wonderful mom too. I cannot wait to learn how to be a parent from her example. And if it weren't for my grandma then none of us would be here, And boy, life sure wouldn't be as fun (: I love all of you!

I love y'all. Have the best week.
Love, Sister Heidi Jayne Starr*


No comments:

Post a Comment