This week has been great. There is so much snow here in Palmdale right now! I didn't sign up for this! My mission call said C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A ... not U-T-A-H ... I think I'll stay anyway though :)
Highlights of the Week:
*While knocking, we were outside this house and they had a sign that said "friends & family welcome" I of course read it out loud and then Sister Larsen says "Good... We're both!" hahaha. soo true.
*We went out to dinner with a way less active lady in our ward. We walk into the restaurant and the first thing she tells the waiter is "3 margaritas!" ... the funny part is she wasn't kidding. (we got them virgin and they were delish)
*We had a lesson with this less active man and his non-member wife. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and she said "Oh I bet I can finish that by the end of this month!" We committed her and her husband to read it by Valentine's Day and we are too!
So many more, but I think that's good for now. I hope each of you are doing well. Thank you for your support. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and my brothers and sisters here in California every day. I hit my 4 month mark on the 1st! Lots more time to go... Lots more to learn... and lots more people to find. :)
"No one has learned the meaning of living until he has surrendered his ego to the service of his fellow man." -President Thomas S. Monson
Sister Heidi Starr*
No comments:
Post a Comment