I wasn't sure how Christmas was going to go on the mission... But I LOVED IT! Sister Larsen and I kept the Starr/Trowbridge tradition alive and went caroling of course. Christmas Morning we woke up at our usual 6:30... the Hermanas slept over. We opened presents which consisted of post-its (those seriously help peoples salvation with all the notes we leave on doors. We swear by them!) Book of Mormon Study Companion, Pens, Headbands, Walmart giftcards, Stationary and other essential missionary equipment. Then we had breakfast (some type of butterscotch pudding rolls that Sister Rollins' mom makes Christmas Morning and they were SO GOOD) and then we got to call home! So fun to dial that forbidden number from our cell phone! I haven't been homesick at all (such a blessing) but I was still crying and crying as I was talking to everyone because I was just so HAPPY to hear their voice and see that they were alive and well! Lahteedah... we got ready and then went to our dinner appointment (listening to Michael Mclean's Forgotten Carols on the way) and had tacos and played "Know the Bro's" - a game with fun facts about the apostles and prophets. All in all... it was such a fun Christmas! I'm totally ready to take on 2011's Christmas.
Besides Christmas- This weeks Highlights included:
* LA Temple Visit (SUCH A BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE! I LOVED THE PALM TREES!! OH and the new visitors center was super legit too. Did I just say super legit? It was though... go check it out.)
* Teaching a man how to pray on his doorstep
* Having our check out lady at Walmart tell us that we should "date those other guys with tags that come in here! Two girls and Two guys!" bahaha.
* Doing a white elephant gift exchange for district meeting and having the caffeinated 12 pack of coke be the gift that everyone fights over (I personally wanted the phase 10 card game...)
* Finishing the white handbook for the 5th time! (this time Sister Larsen and I went through and read all of the scriptures under each subject... sooo many fun scriptures!)
That's all for this week. Have a Happy Happy New Year!
xoxo, Sister Starr*
Besides Christmas- This weeks Highlights included:
* LA Temple Visit (SUCH A BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE! I LOVED THE PALM TREES!! OH and the new visitors center was super legit too. Did I just say super legit? It was though... go check it out.)
* Teaching a man how to pray on his doorstep
* Having our check out lady at Walmart tell us that we should "date those other guys with tags that come in here! Two girls and Two guys!" bahaha.
* Doing a white elephant gift exchange for district meeting and having the caffeinated 12 pack of coke be the gift that everyone fights over (I personally wanted the phase 10 card game...)
* Finishing the white handbook for the 5th time! (this time Sister Larsen and I went through and read all of the scriptures under each subject... sooo many fun scriptures!)
That's all for this week. Have a Happy Happy New Year!
xoxo, Sister Starr*
It is such an uplifting message for me to read this morning! I love you!!
ReplyDelete