Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Week was Hilarious....



Helllllllo!
This week was hilarious. Have I really been out almost 5 months? CrAZy! We had so many funny experiences knocking. I LOVE knocking.

*Me- "Do you pray often?"
Lady- "Sure, pretty often"
Me- "What kinds of things do you pray for?"
Lady-"The only thing I'm praying for now is that you need a coat!"
..... I wasn't cold!

*We knock on this lady's door. She comes to her window and tries to speak to us through it. We could hardly hear her. And apparently she could hardly hear us.
Lady-"Who are you?"
Me- "The missionaries"
Lady-"Who?"
Me- "The MISSIONARIES!"
Lady- "Miranda?"
Me- "no... The MIssIONNaRRIES!!"
Lady- "I don't know you!!"
hahahahahaha. Fail.

Oh contacting, you just never know who (or what) is going to be on the other side of the door. (:

Saturday night we called Brother Bob. He hasn't been to church in over 30 years. We "invite" (or push) him to go to church every week and he hasn't yet. But we called as we do every week and we said we would meet him at his house at 10:40 so he could follow us to church. He said "okay, I will go to church with you girls this week." I was silent! Was he really going to go!? We would see that next morning. Sure enough, we showed up at his house and he was waiting in his car! I was like hyperventilating I was so excited! We waved and then he followed us. I instantly said a prayer out loud thanking Heavenly Father for giving him the strength to come that week. It was a wonderful Sunday.  Goodness. So wonderful. So many members just wrapped their arms around him even though they didn't know who he was.

The church is so true. I said that to Sister Larsen the other day while we were planning and she didn't look up. She just nodded and said "Si". I loved her quiet, strong assurance. Like Yes, yes it is true. Now let's continue planning. Haha.

LOVE, Sister Starr*




No comments:

Post a Comment