Hello everyone! This week was very interesting! My trainer had to go to some training for 3 days, so I was able to serve with the Spanish Sisters! It was fun, considering I don't really know Spanish. But I now know quite a bit considering what I knew before! We have quite a few progressing investigators here in Agua Dulce and Ana Verde. One of our investigators is getting baptized on the 17th, and if another stops smoking, he will be baptized on Sunday. We have another baptism scheduled for the 24th as well. We are staying very busy! Each morning we wake up at 6:30, go running while watching the sun rise and then get ready for the day. We then study the scriptures for an hour and then plan for who we are teaching. After that we go out to our appointments! We try to have an appointment scheduled for every hour of the day. If someone cancels, we go visit their neighbors and share with them a message about Jesus Christ. We tell them that just like in the bible with Abraham or Adam, there is a Prophet TODAY and Christ's Church has been restored! Many people say "you're kidding?!" we say nope! And they want to learn more. They want to learn more psh because it is true! And because we tell them that we aren't here to convince them, we want them to find out for themselves by reading and praying. Some don't want to learn more, and we try back later once the Lord has prepared their hearts. It rocks. I'm telling you, IT ROCKS! The only thing that doesn't is the ANTS! They suck. Seriously. THERE ARE SO MANY ANTS! I pray every day for the ants to die. Is that a righteous desire of my heart that I can pray about? I think so...
Have a wonderful week everyone! Sister Starr*
Have a wonderful week everyone! Sister Starr*
Heidi!
ReplyDeleteThis does not count as my letter! I just bought some stationary and so be expecting a letter soon! I miss you so much but it sounds like you are really enjoying yourself. Running while watching the sun rise sounds like the best and worst thing ever! :) I know how you feel about ants! haha Anyway, I am very proud of you and I miss you so much!
I love you,
Kelley
Lots of baptisms....great work!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Don't worry about the ants too much, annoying but mostly harmless compared to the ants in TX! lol
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh i laughed out loud about the ants. poor dear. i'll pray for the ants to die too. those pesky buggers.
ReplyDelete