Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Moment of the Week


There is this investigator who has "playback tones" when you call her, like Carrie Underwood, or Flo Rider etc... Unfortunately she is avoiding us ... But fortunately when you call her we get to hear a GOOD portion of the song before it hits her voice mail. SCORE! hahahaha.
During Companionship Inventory (like a mini session that alleviates anything that is going wrong and evaluates the good/ bad and helps you set goals), Sister Larsen says, "touch is not really how I receive love..." hahahahahahahah! This is definitely a problem because it is completely how I show love. Who knew every time I randomly rubbed her arm/ leg/ hand ETC I was making her feel uncomfortable instead of loved! We compromised and said that we would briefly hug before bed each night and high five during the day. lol.
There are some members here that are SOOOO FABULOUS. I want to be just like them. They are willing to help at the drop of a hat. They let us teach investigators in their home, pick up investigators for church, call people to come to our lessons with us, just everything! They are so amazing. It hurts my heart at how willing people are to serve. I want to give them baskets of goodies or something. But then I realize that Heavenly Father will bless them more than I ever could. Goodness. It means so much to us as missionaries because this work is not ours alone, it is a joint effort with the members. Some of them just GET it. I LOVE THEM!
Lastly I saw this quote in a members home and loved it:
"Who cares about love, I'd rather fall in chocolate."
-Sister Heidi Jayne Starr*
(also, If any of you have any favorite conference talks, if you could comment and let me know. I would love to read them!
Sister Starr and her 1st Companion - Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment