The MTC is still so amazing. One day while Sister Brown and I were sitting outside waiting for dinner I saw Elder Ethan Smith (Courtney's brother). He stuck out his hand to shake mine. I saw him again another day in passing at gym time. It was awkward calling him Elder Smith but so nice to have that little poke of love at the MTC.
Well I made it to the "magical" day of Sunday - as they call it. Apparently if you make it to the first Sunday you are golden. I am not sure why. You don't really do as much on Sunday. We walked to the temple and chilled for a while, had 2 firesides and could go to bed early if we wanted to.
I cannot believe I leave in a week for Cali! The MTC has taught me so much. We just started lesson two this past week. We are focusing now on the pre-mortal life and God's plan for us now that we have the restoration down. I feel like I know all of this in my sleep. It is so fun. We watched a talk by Elder Holland and he made a wonderful point. Salvation was NOT easy for Christ. So, if I'm going to declare his truth and be his disciple, how DARE I feel sorry for myself or not want to work my hardest. Christ gave his life and atoned for all of my investigators so that I can for hard to teach them from morning to night every day of my mission. I CANNOT take advantage of his efforts. This hit me so powerfully. I need to be sure to remember that this time is not about me, but about every person that I can teach. And when I am not teaching I need to be studying about what I can teach them. I just want to share what has made the biggest difference in my life. What is most important in life?? It is the message that I get to share with people and what they do with it and where they end up after this life. How lucky am I? The only reason I have been able to learn as much as I have been able to in these past weeks is because the Spirit has quicken my mind. I pray for the Spirit to help me every day to loosen my tongue so I can speak clearly. It is a miracle how much The Lord wants to help me learn so I can go forth to help his work. More next week!
-Sis Starr*
That talk by Elder Holland she is referring to is "Missionary work and the Atonement". That talk changed my mission. It is AMAZING. Unfortunately I didn't hear it until halfway on my mission but it still really impacted me. Glad she's doing well. She's amazing.
ReplyDeleteHi! Hope you are doing well? We are so proud of you!
ReplyDelete