I cannot believe I leave for Cali tomorrow! WHAT THE HECK! The rest of my district left for Boise, Idaho this morning suuuuuper early. Sister Brown and I are all alone today for p-day. We pretty much packed everything yesterday and somehow everything is fitting and isn't over weight. I'm not sure how that is except that I know Heavenly Father can do all, even decrease luggage weight... Or maybe the scale at the MTC is way off? Not sure. This week rocked. We taught some more investigators. One guy "Dan" reminded me so much of you, dad. He was cracking jokes during our lesson and it made me miss you. Afterwards when we prayed he said it and he prayed for Sister Brown and me and for our families. I started crying. Anytime ANYONE here prays for my family I start the waterworks. I never think I miss y'all, but I must. I try not to think about it but sometimes it is unavoidable. I pray every day that everyone is protected and that you can feel my love and even more than that, that you can feel God's love.
Remember how I said I would never become awkward after being on a mission? Well 3 weeks into it all and the awkwardness has already struck. I think the more structure and spirituality they pump into us, the more we lash out in sillyness. This morning we were trying to do personal study and I say "My Preach My Gospel is wet... Like pretty often..." Sister Brown insists that there is something wet in my bag and then after further inspection we find that nothing wet is in my bad... A few moments later she says "well sometimes I put my loofa on my closet door after I use it..." And that is where I put my bag, under her closet. I started CRACKING UP. Because I had noticed that my PMG was usually wet and sometimes some of my other stuff... but I just thought meh... nbd. But then after realizing why... It was hilarious.
We had a meeting Sunday about the dress guidelines for Sister Missionaries. They told us that ANYTHING goes for color and pattern as long as it covers the top of your knee! They said be a bold as you want! I like my skirts longer though. They said wear makeup! Wear cute shoes! Wear heels! Wear colored shoes! Amazing right?!
I am nervous to go to Cali. But it is time. I am feeling comfortable here at the MTC and that isn't why I came on a mission. I am not here to be comfortable. I am here to be stretched. I just want to give away the happiness that I have. Luckily there is an unending supply! Sister Starr*
Here's my address in Cali: Sister Heidi Jayne Starr
California San Fernando Mission
23504 Lyons Ave Ste 107
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
![]() |
| See my Awesome Name Tag |
![]() |
| My MTC District at the Provo Temple |


No comments:
Post a Comment