So I've been transferred to a new area. It is called Stevenson Ranch (in the Santa Clarita valley) and I get to be with Sister Robb again! We are on bike, so we don't have a car. It is an interesting adventure, but I love it already!
Highlights of the week-
-Moving into ANOTHER elders apartment. We told them that "it better be clean when we get there" and I'm sure to them it was, but girls and guys will always have a different standard of "clean". (See the couch picture below).
-Celebrating my 2nd birthday on my mission! Am I really 23 now? Crazy.
-Learning to ride a bike, in a skirt, for all of Valencia to see. haha. We wear leggings when we ride so it works out. I made friends with a lot of nice soft bushes. And luckily I never fell over... but my bike did a lot.
-Getting a hug from this nice Korean man during a door contact. It was a good thing that we made friends with him because we had to use his bathroom after knocking the rest of his street.
-Coming to our new ward on Sunday and being overwhelmed with the goodness there. The members are phenomenal. They are sharing the gospel with their friends and they want us to meet them! They know how precious the truths they know are and they love their friends enough to share it. It was so wonderful to be there. It isn't that the gospel is cool, or fun, or it sounds good. It's that it is TRUE. It's true and it changes lives for eternity if you grasp on to it, believe it, share it, and live it.
List 100 blessings that the Lord has blessed you with this week.
"When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."
- Hymn 241 Count Your Blessings
LOVE, Sister Starr*
No comments:
Post a Comment