3-14-11
Moments of the week:
*Sister Larsen left. I cried so bad. It was so sad. I was not prepared for this hahaha. But Sister Buchanan is with me now. She is pure sugar. The sweetest thing ever. ever. ever.
*I needed to call Chuck, an investigator, because we had an appointment with him and he said to call because he might be moving. Welllll I could NOT find his phone number ANYWHERE. I looked for awhile and finally as I was about to give up- The phone rang. No joke. "Hello, this is Sister Starr." "Hi Sister Starr, It's CHUCK" ..... Whaaaaat?! God is so aware of us. It was so cool. We knelt down after our call and said a prayer and gave thanks.
*Brother Martinez gave a talk in church. He had not been to church in over 30 years. We knocked on his door a few months ago- having no idea that a member lived there. He was not on any of our records. He was done with life, he didn't think he had a reason to live anymore. We have worked hard these past few months and he has changed so much. Who would have thought he would be giving a talk in church! He said "I prayed for God to come for me. Then I had a realization that he did. He sent the missionaries to come. They are my angels." We are teaching his wife the lessons now.
There were so many other moments... just not much time to type.
*Sister Larsen left. I cried so bad. It was so sad. I was not prepared for this hahaha. But Sister Buchanan is with me now. She is pure sugar. The sweetest thing ever. ever. ever.
*I needed to call Chuck, an investigator, because we had an appointment with him and he said to call because he might be moving. Welllll I could NOT find his phone number ANYWHERE. I looked for awhile and finally as I was about to give up- The phone rang. No joke. "Hello, this is Sister Starr." "Hi Sister Starr, It's CHUCK" ..... Whaaaaat?! God is so aware of us. It was so cool. We knelt down after our call and said a prayer and gave thanks.
*Brother Martinez gave a talk in church. He had not been to church in over 30 years. We knocked on his door a few months ago- having no idea that a member lived there. He was not on any of our records. He was done with life, he didn't think he had a reason to live anymore. We have worked hard these past few months and he has changed so much. Who would have thought he would be giving a talk in church! He said "I prayed for God to come for me. Then I had a realization that he did. He sent the missionaries to come. They are my angels." We are teaching his wife the lessons now.
There were so many other moments... just not much time to type.
Have a great week! xoxo Sister Starr*
3-21-11
I don't really have any funny incidents to tell. No crazy stories. But the one thing that I can say with confidence is that:
I. AM. SO. BLESSED.
Holy cow, it is ridiculous. I don't know who Heavenly Father is mixing me up with, but I am getting a lot of their deserved blessings. I know these aren't mine!
Have a great week! Love Sister Starr*
"Most people in trouble end up crying, 'What was I thinking?' Well, whatever they were thinking, they weren't thinking of Christ. Yet, as members of His Church, we pledge every Sunday of our lives to take upon ourselves His name and promise to 'always remember him. So let us work a little harder at remembering Him." -Jeffery R. Holland
I. AM. SO. BLESSED.
Holy cow, it is ridiculous. I don't know who Heavenly Father is mixing me up with, but I am getting a lot of their deserved blessings. I know these aren't mine!
Have a great week! Love Sister Starr*
"Most people in trouble end up crying, 'What was I thinking?' Well, whatever they were thinking, they weren't thinking of Christ. Yet, as members of His Church, we pledge every Sunday of our lives to take upon ourselves His name and promise to 'always remember him. So let us work a little harder at remembering Him." -Jeffery R. Holland
No comments:
Post a Comment