Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This week was great...


This week was great. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful companion... and especially to have been with her for 6 months!

Highlights:

* SNOW! (yeah seriously, it snowed... AGAIN! not much though)

* Sister Larsen doesn't like coconut. We were at a members home and she was giving us cookies FULL of coconut. Sister Larsen took a bite as the member said "Do you hate coconut?" Sis. L responded "These are so good!" I then chimed in saying "We have an appointment soon and will probably need to take these to go..." Haha.

* While going over "Beware of Pride" by Ezra Taft Benson I read that "selfishness is one of the more common faces of pride." I then thought to myself "I don't want my downfall to be 'common'!" ... and then I thought "What am I saying! I am being prideful about my PRIDE!" ... I am obviously still working on my Pride...

* There was a lady who was taught by the missionaries a few years ago. We have been trying and trying to get her to let us come back. We would call and drop by. We have been doing this for MONTHS. Then finally she opened her door to us! She said that she didn't know why we were there.... but she knew it was obviously important and that God must have sent us there. She thanked us for not giving up on her. (:

"We will get our way more often if we don't have to have it." -Sister Martin

Have the best week! Love, Sister Starr*

Companions

at "Devils Punch Bowl"
The Palmdale Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment