Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Greetings from Palmdale!


Moments from the week:
*Today our zone is having a talent show. Every missionary must participate. Sister Buchanan and I are planning a stunning arrangement of chopsticks and heart&soul. Maybe I'll get a video of it.
*One day this past week I got 4 letters in 1 day! That is definitely a record for me. I would love to beat it....
*You know that your ward trusts you when your relief society president gives you the code to get into her garage/house so you can get food from her freezer to give to a family.
*Our bishop asked us to visit this family that another bishop had told him about. He didn't really know much about them and neither did we. We waited a few days because we couldn't fit it into our schedule just yet. I felt like we should go by one morning so we stopped by. We knocked and they let us in and told us that the mother, one of the people we were told to visit, had passed away the day before. Her son and his wife were taking care of her. It was such an odd situation that I've never really been in. I didn't want to feel like a burden and I couldn't exactly help but we got them in contact with the bishop and relief society president. We shared a thought about what happens after we die and how they shouldn't run faster than they have strength. They were so strong. I'm sure they were in shock. They started to cry toward the end. We hugged the wife for the longest time. Goodness it was so sad. But it was happy when we talked about all that she is doing in the spirit world and how it is a happy place. I'm glad we were there to talk to them at this tender moment in their lives. I am grateful for God allowing me to be a part of that. Go to mormon.org for answers about what happens after we die.

I LOVE YOU! - Sister Starr*

No comments:

Post a Comment