Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finally Transfer 2!

    Transfer time! I'm staying put with Sister Larsen. I can't wait to make goals for this transfer.
   Things I learned this week:
        1. God has the funniest sense of humor.  (ex: we have a list of people who have been taught a little about the church before, it goes back several years. So one day we went by this house who a particular person was supposed to live at. We did this twice and both people had moved. No worries though, the people that moved in we DIDN'T have on our records, but they had been taught about the church and were interested in learning more! Good thing we found them! God just leads us to people left and right)
       2. Even though you become a missionary and have sworn off boys, you will still get hit on.   (ex: we went by this apartment of a person who we had in our records. Well, they moved. But another guy lived there who was interested in the church, and in us. He felt like "celebrating!" because we had found him. And he really wanted to "hang out". Sister Larsen asked "what is your definition of hang out?" hahaha. We can hang out.... on Sundays from 9-12. Hahaha. We got out of there pretty quick.)
     I'm sure I learned much more, but that is it for this week. 
     Thank you all for your support and prayers.       
                                        Sister Heidi Jayne Starr*

My mailing address is still:    Sister Heidi Starr
                                          4529 Sungate Dr.
                                          Palmdale, CA 93551  
Sister Heidi Starr and her Mission District - Oct. 2010
Palmdale, CA Sunset

2 comments:

  1. You have such a positive attitude! Glad to know you get to stay where you are! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete